Lady Like Mastectomy Boutique
Call to schedule your appointment today
Custom Molded Breast Prosthesis
Achieving a symmetrical appearance after breast surgery can be challenging. A custom molded breast prosthesis may be the perfect solution. Custom molded to fit only your body. It offers a personal fit and choices not available with a standard off-the-shelf breast form.
A custom breast prosthesis captures every intimate detail of your remaining breast and is artfully sculpted for a one-of-a-kind custom, hand-crafted fit. It will match your uniue contour, shape and profile, restoring your confidence.
Restore Your Sense of Wholeness
A Custom Molded Prosthesis offers:
Know Your Choices
after mastectomy, lumpectomy and reconstruction
- Lightweight construction for comfort
- The ability to be worn in a non-pocketed bra
- A close match to many skin tones with 32+ colors from which to choose
- Durable construction allows the prosthesis to be worn while swimming, running and during other physical activities.
- Discuss post-surgery options with your physician. Research available options such as "A Custom Molded Prosthesis."
- Obtain prescriptions and a letter of medical necessity from your phsycian for a camisole, mastectomy bras, breast forms and a custom breast prosthesis (call us, we can help you with this)
- Read the Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 (this helps you be a more informed patient. Know your benefits)
- Contact your insurance company and inquire if a Custom Breast Prosthesis is a covered benefit under your plan (or call us, we can help verify your benefits with your insurance company).
Q. What is a Custom Molded Breast Prosthesis?
A. The custom breast prosthesis is a unique product that imulates missing breast tissue after mastectomy, lumpectomy or reconstruction. It is hand carved and sculpted in a Production Studio. It's made of 100% medical grade silicone.
Q. What if I had a bilateral mastectomy? Is the
Custom Molded Prosthesis an option?
A. Yes, in fact there are more options available to you. Call us and we can explain the process with you.
Q. What is a Custom Molded "partial" or "overlay" prosthesis?
A. The custom nipple and areola is a soft silicone product that is made to match the size, color and shape of your remaining nipple and areola. Ideal for woman who have undergone surgical breast reconstruction and did not choose or who are waiting to have their nipples reconstructed or tatooed. The prosthetic nipple and areola can be adhered to your reconstructed breast. Custom nipples and areaolas can also be made for post-bilateral reconstruction patients. (see pictures to the right)
Q. What is a Custom nipple and areola?
A. After surgical breast reconstruction you may experience life changes (weight gain or loss, natural aging process, unfavorable or failed reconstruction, etc) that cause your reconstructed breast to no longer match your remaining breast. Partial or overlay prosthesis can provide a symmetrical appearance. The partial or overlay prosthesis is worn comfortably over existing breast tissue and is an ideal solution for post lumpectomy and partial mastectomy.
For more information, call us. We're here to help and answer any of your questions.
Appointments are recommended.